Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") govern the use of ancientoriginsmedicinals.com (the "Site"). This Site is owned and operated by Megan Waddy. This Site is an ecommerce website. By using this Site, you indicate that you have read and understand these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them at all times.
All content published and made available on our Site is the property of Megan Waddy and the Site's creators. This includes, but is not limited to images, text, logos, documents, downloadable files and anything that contributes to the composition of our Site.
As a user of our Site, you agree to use our Site legally, not to use our Site for illegal purposes, and not to:
- Harass or mistreat the owners and operators or other users of our Site;
- Violate the intellectual property rights of the Site owners or any third party to the Site;
- Hack into the account of another user of the Site;
- Act in any way that could be considered fraudulent;
- Purchase products through the site for use by another individual other than the purchaser;
- Purchase products through the site for use by a minor
- Purchase products for resale unless given prior and explicit permission to do so (licensed medical practitioners only).
If we believe you are using our Site illegally or in a manner that violates these Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to limit, suspend or terminate your access to our Site. We also reserve the right to take any legal steps necessary to prevent you from accessing our Site.
When you create an account on our Site, you agree to the following:
1. You are solely responsible for your account and the security and privacy of your account, including passwords or sensitive information attached to that account; and
2. All personal information you provide to us through your account is up to date, accurate, and truthful and that you will update your personal information if it changes. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account if you are using our Site illegally or if you violate these Terms and Conditions.
When you book any of our services through the Site, you agree to the following:
The collection and storage of personal identifiable and health-related information you provide us through our third-party providers according to their policies as well as any information you provide us during your consultation or through other means of communication (e.g. email).
The collection and storage of credit card details as required to secure your booking as well as the use of your credit card in the case of a “Missed Appointment”, “Cancellation”, or unpaid invoice which is more than (7) days overdue - see sections below.
All information you provide is accurate, current, and truthful to the best of your knowledge. The information you provide us is used to make informed recommendations regarding the use of our products. We do not take responsibility for any negative outcomes as a result of information or suggestions provided to you during your consultation based on inaccurate or incomplete information.
APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION & MISSED APPOINTMENTS:
By booking a Service through the Site, you agree to the following:
- Changes or cancellations to your appointment may be made online up to 48hrs prior to your appointment without penalty.
- Any change or cancellation request within 48hrs of an appointment must be made by emailing email@example.com. These requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost of the service booked to be applied to your next appointment invoice (if the service is re-booked) or directly to the credit card used to reserve your appointment (if the appointment is canceled).
- In cases of a missed appointment with no prior notice, we will charge a cancellation fee equal to the amount of the Service booked (plus applicable taxes) to the credit card used to reserve your appointment
- In cases of a true, unavoidable emergency, all or part of your cancellation fee may be applied to future services
SALE OF GOODS AND SERVICES
These Terms and Conditions govern the sale of goods and services available on our Site. The following goods are available on our Site:
The following services are available on our Site:
Herbal Medicine Consultations
Acupuncture and related Traditional Chinese Medicine treatments
Energy Healing sessions
Spiritual Mentorship sessions
Payments made through the site are facilitated by SquareSpace web hosting platform in conjunction with Stripe Payments. By providing payment through our site, you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions laid out by our service providers.
- Payment for products is made at the time of purchase using the payment options provided. Your order cannot be completed until payment is made in full. When you provide us with your payment information, you authorize our use of and access to the payment instrument you have chosen to use. By providing us with your payment information, you authorize us to charge the amount due to this payment instrument. If we believe your payment has violated any law or these Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to cancel or reverse your transaction.
- Payment for services is due in full upon the completion of the service either by Interac E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or paying directly through our third party payment processor using the invoice provided to you.
- Failure to pay for a service within (7) days of the date the service was provided, will result in a charge to the credit card provided upon booking for the total amount outstanding.
- Late payments may result in your booking privileges being revoked or suspended.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all the goods and services that are displayed on our Site at the time you access it. This includes all products listed as being out of stock. All information, descriptions, or images that we provide about our goods and services are as accurate as possible. However, we are not legally bound by such information, descriptions, or images as we cannot guarantee the accuracy of all goods and services we provide. You agree to purchase goods and services from our Site at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify, reject or cancel your order whenever it becomes necessary. If we cancel your order and have already processed your payment, we will give you a refund equal to the amount you paid. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor your payment instrument to verify receipt of any refund.
- We reserve the right to increase the price of our products at any time to reflect updates to the cost of production and shipping. We will notify you of these changes by placing a banner in a visible area of our site.
- We reserve the right to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
When you purchase goods from our Site, the goods will be delivered through one of the following methods:
- Xpress Post delivery by Canada Post (within BC). Delivery takes 1-2 business days;
- Xpress Post delivery by Canada Post (all other provinces). Delivery takes 2-3 business days.;
- Expedited delivery by Canada Post (within BC). Delivery takes up to 3 business days;
- Expedited delivery by Canada Post (all other provinces). Delivery takes 3-7 business days;
- US Parcel - Expedited (US Customers); or
- US Parcel - Xpress.
Delivery will take place as soon as reasonably possible, depending on the delivery method selected. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing. Delivery times may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Please note that delivery times do not include weekends and statutory holidays. You will be required to pay delivery charges in addition to the price for the goods you purchase. If you purchase goods from us for delivery to a destination outside Canada your purchase may be subject to import duties and taxes applied by the destination country. You are responsible for paying any such duties or taxes. Please contact your local customs office for more information before making a purchase. We are not responsible for the payment of any such duties or taxes and are not liable for any failure by you to pay them. You are required to provide us with a complete and accurate delivery address, including the name of the recipient. We are not liable for the delivery of your goods to the wrong address or wrong person as a result of you providing us with inaccurate or incomplete information.
REFUNDS AND RETURNS
Refunds for Goods: Refund requests must be made within (7) days after receipt of your goods. Refunds may be granted for the following reasons:
Inaccuracy of your order
Issues with product quality
Serious adverse reactions (such as allergy - please see “Adverse Reactions” below).
Other requests for refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis. In some circumstances, we may require you to return the product for which you are requesting a refund. Except in the cases listed above, you are responsible for applicable postage.
Refund for Services: All of our services are non-refundable.
Returns can be made:
In person at our physical address: 170 Craig Street, Duncan, BC.
By mail: Please package the items you would like to return and ship them to:
Ancient Origins Medicinals:
6541 Wicks Road, Duncan, BC V9L 5V2.
OUTCOMES AND GUARANTEES
The following guarantees apply to our Site:
- We guarantee the purity and quality of all of our products. All of our herbal extracts have undergone third-party testing for contaminants and contain a minimum percentage of active constituents.;
- While we cannot guarantee specific outcomes related to use of our products, we are committed to customer satisfaction and are always open to receiving your comments, questions, and/or feedback.
We do not guarantee:
Specific outcomes related to the use of our products. All product information, descriptions, and testimonials available on our site or included on our packaging (including titles, instructions, etc.) or provided to you by any other means, is for informational purposes only. Individuals may experience a range of benefits or side effects in conjunction with the use of our products. By using our products, you confirm you understand and are responsible for the risks associated with these products, including any negative outcomes or side effects
Specific outcomes related to the use of information or recommendations provided through our Services. Any information provided to you during a consultation is for educational purposes only.
By using any of our products and services, you confirm you understand and agree to the following:
- Ancient Origins Medicinals does not make any health claims about our products nor are products intended to replace any form of medication, treatment, or therapy prescribed by a medical professional.
- Ancient Origins Medicinals does not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any medical condition, nor do we provide recommendations or information that may constitute medical advice. By offering consultations, our intention is to increase client confidence and provide general information about using our products safely.
- Provision of these services does not provide satisfactory grounds to prove the establishment of a patient-practitioner relationship. By accessing our products and services you assume responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
- We strongly encourage all of our clients to seek the advice of a medical doctor before using any of our products. However, we do not assume any responsibility for ensuring clients follow this recommendation.
- Ancient Origins Medicinals and its affiliates do not assume legal or medical responsibility for any negative outcomes resulting from improper use of our products, interactions with medications, or underlying medical concerns.
CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW
Where the Business Practice and Consumer Protection Act, or any other consumer protection legislation in your jurisdiction applies and cannot be excluded, these Terms and Conditions will not limit your legal rights and remedies under that legislation. These Terms and Conditions will be read subject to the mandatory provisions of that legislation. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and that legislation, the mandatory provisions of the legislation will apply. Limitation of Liability Megan Waddy and our directors, officers, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates will not be liable for any actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses including legal fees from your use of the Site. Indemnity Except where prohibited by law, by using this Site you indemnify and hold harmless Megan Waddy and our directors, officers, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates from any actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses including legal fees arising out of your use of our Site or your violation of these Terms and Conditions. Applicable Law These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia.
If at any time any of the provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions are found to be inconsistent or invalid under applicable laws, those provisions will be deemed void and will be removed from these Terms and Conditions. All other provisions will not be affected by the removal and the rest of these Terms and Conditions will still be considered valid. Changes These Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time in order to maintain compliance with the law and to reflect any changes to the way we operate our Site and the way we expect users to behave on our Site. We will notify users by email of changes to these Terms and Conditions or post a notice on our Site.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Our contact details are as follows: (250) 710-9367; email@example.com. You can also contact us through the feedback form available on our Site.
Effective Date: 6th day of January, 2022